DITONDO | Italian Restaurant in Buffalo, NY
“La vita è una combinazione di magia e pasta.”
“Life is a combination of magic and pasta.”
— Federico Fellini
Hours & LocationGet Directions to DiTondo via Google Maps
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Closed March 21-April 8, 2022 for our annual closure.
Reservations: Walk-ins only with limited reservations for parties of 8 or more. Contact us at email@example.com to make a reservation.
Parking: Parking is available in the lot on the corner of Seneca and South Cedar, as well as street parking in front of the restaurant.
DITONDO does not have a phone. Please contact us via email.
DITONDO is a fourth-generation family business founded by Sebastiano Di Tondo. He was born in Abruzzo and immigrated to the United States as a young adult. In 1904 he became a partner in a tavern on Seneca Street, and in the 1930s he ventured out on his own opening a restaurant at 370 Seneca. Four generations of the DiTondo family have carried on his legacy.
In 2019 Rita Di Tondo, Sebastiano’s great-granddaughter, and her husband, Fabio Consonni, moved to Buffalo to be the fourth generation of the family to run the restaurant. They embarked on their first ever renovation project, modernizing the kitchen and restoring the historical character of the building built in 1890. In October 2021 DITONDO once again opened its doors.
Rita Di Tondo
- Based in Italy for ten years, she traveled extensively throughout the country and has visited many of its numerous wine regions
- While in Italy she received her Masters from the University of Gastronomic Sciences in Piedmont, worked for the winery Tenuta Villa Crespia in Franciacorta and was Head Som…
- Classically trained Italian Chef
- Grew up in the periphery of Milan with roots in both Northern and Southern Italy
- Spent his formative years working at Michelin starred restaurants in Italy and Paris
- He was the Banquet Chef at the Relaise & Chateaux Villa Fiordaliso on Lake Garda where he met…
Book an Event
Our bar, dining room and patio are available for private events. For more information inquire using the link below.
Join Our Team
We are always looking for experienced talent to join our team at DITONDO.
Currently we are hiring daytime servers!
Please fill out the form below and submit your resume.